Mentoring in the workplace | 10+ Interview Questions That Will Increase Your Confidence
10+ Interview Questions That Will Get You Confident In Your Next Interview
An interview is an opportunity to market yourself as the best person the organisation can employ and an opportunity to explore mentoring in the workplace.
At the end of the day, it is a sales pitch, and you have approx.. 30 minutes to make a positive impression.
- Preparing yourself is your best chance of making a positive impression -
Start your preparation by writing down your answers to the following questions then memorising your examples.
Remember you need to sell your personal and professional qualities because no-one else will!
Can you confidently answer the following questions and statements?
- When have you used initiative to solve a problem a problem without being asked?
- Describe a time where a problem arose and your supervisor was not available. What happened?
- Tell me a time when you had to decide between 2 options and how you made a decision
- Describe a time when you used the wrong solution to a problem. What did you do about it?
- Tell me about a time when you’ve had to build a relationship with someone you have never met.
- Give me an example you have needed to communicate with a difficult person. How did you deal with it?
- Describe a time when you had to arrive at a compromise with your team or had to help others arrive at a compromise.
- Describe a situation when you were a member of a team that struggled or failed to accomplish its goal. What were the reasons for this?
- Tell me about a time when you persuaded people to do something your way, and the outcome.
- Describe a time when you have used your communication skills to resolve a dispute.
- Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline. What were the consequences?
- Tell me about a time when you study or work schedule suddenly changed. How did this affect your other commitments? How did you manage the situation?
Do you need assistance with any of the following?
- Workplace communication skills
- Updating your Resume
- Writing a cover letter
- Being confident in an interview
- Deciding on a career path
- Getting job ready after leaving school or maternity leave
- Applying for an internal promotion
A Business Mentor from Business Mentoring Australia can prepare you for your first job, next promotion or a change of career. Book your free introductory mentor session now.
Alternatively, do you have a specific question for a Business Mentor? Submit your enquiry below and we will get back to you within 24 hours.