Ten years ago, the use of a professional resume writer was only employed by those that had something to hide — mainly those with language issues, or a significant gap in employment. I experienced this first hand as an External Recruiter, hiring Chartered Accountants in Australia. At the time, many of the applicants were international students from the wider APAC region where English was not their mother-tongue. For the roles in which I was recruiting, good communication skills were paramount. If I saw a resume riddled with bad grammar and spelling mistakes, it would have been rejected immediately based on the requirements of the role.
For this reason, back in the day when we advertised roles on job boards, we always included a mandatory question for the applicant to answer. Nothing too serious but something like “What is your favourite TV show and why?” To check their communication skills — despite these applicants having employed a Professional Resume Writer in the past, they would inevitably answer this question themselves without help and we were able to easily identify discrepancies in the language, tone and grammar between paragraphs within the same document.
Whilst there will still be those people that require a Professional Resume Writer to help them through situations such as the ones I described above, the times have changed and so have people’s needs.
Today, people without anything to hide hire Professional Resume Writers as it can be time-consuming and tedious competing with hundreds of other people, with the same skills and experiences as you do.
A Professional Resume Writer is able to write more objectively about you, and assist you to identify things like your unique selling proposition that will help you differentiate yourself from other applicants.
In today’s job market, career opportunities can depend on the strength of a resume (CV). When creating one, you can choose to write it yourself or use a Professional Resume Writer for as little as $60. The choice is yours, but if you use a resume writing service you significantly increase your chances of being asked to interview for a job.
Top reasons to use a resume writing service
- Ask yourself, have you got the ability to identify and match employer key selection criteria? A Professional Resume Writer can identify the key selection criteria an employer is looking for and work with you to address them.
- Can you determine your skills and competencies? Often you don’t think about what you do at work; you just get on and do it. You may not realise just what an asset you can be to a business. A Professional Resume Writer will ask a variety of questions to pinpoint all your relevant experience, skills and knowledge. They will then develop your resume to provide a solid and relevant match against the employer’s key selection criteria, ensuring you are positioned as the right person for the job.
- Can you grab a prospective employer’s attention? A Professional Resume Writer can enhance your resume and make it stand out from the crowd (for all the right reasons), giving you the best chance of gaining an interview for that dream job. They can help highlight your achievements, initiatives you’ve introduced or business and awards you have won, resulting in an employer impressed with your past experiences and success.
- Can you format your resume to ensure it meets the standards recruiters are looking for? Professional resume writers are up to date with the latest writing ‘trends’. They’re experienced in formatting documents that grab attention and enable employers to easily identify you as a match for what they are looking for.
- Time vs Money: Today, people are simply too time poor and the cost of using a Professional Resume Writer makes it much more affordable to use their services
- Knowledge: Professional Resume Writers have extensive experience evaluating and writing resumes from a recruitment perspective, and so they know how a Hiring Manager reads a resume and what information should or should not be included in your resume
A resume writing service like Business Mentoring Australia can help with questions such as:
- How long should I make my resume?
- What should and shouldn’t be included?
- How many duties and responsibilities should I include for my current job and do I include the same amount of information for all my previous roles?
- How far back should my work history go?
- What are potential employers looking for?
- How can I present myself as the best person for the job?
- How can I position my limited or lack of experience in a particular industry?
A Professional Resume Writer will know how to spotlight your most worthy accomplishments because they are looking at them with fresh, unbiased eyes. Let them turn your resume into something that’s personable and professional. A well-chosen resume-writing professional can truly make a significant difference in a job search and give you the confidence to apply for the positions you really want to land.
If you would like to get a Professional Resume Writer to showcase your talent and skills, book it in today! Simply click here to view our packages starting from $60.